Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Valentino's pitch for "bitches?"

Ever thought of clothes as Armour?
 
I defer to Valentino--the 70-year-old Italian haute couteur fashion house. As in Netflix's Halston, it's hot to conquer street retail.
 
A strange new all-text ad appears in non-fashion mags headed The Feminine as Armour

"The feminine is not weak, it's powerful" goes the ad copy.
 
"I derive power from what I adorn my body in. When I put on lipstick or mascara, that's my battle paint... 
"When I wear what I want, draping my body in a Valentino gown paired with V-logo combat boots, I am power-filled.
 
"What I wear is for me. I never feel more ready to face the world than when I dress exactly how I want, knowing many don't want me to.
"I do it anyway because I am a divine feminine rebel, ready for battle.

"Proceed with caution because this bitch is free."
 
Is somebody courting Gen Z?
Gowns and combat boots?
Rad.
 
Give the copywriter an edible.
Or did he already eat too many?

 

No comments: