Friday, May 28, 2021

Jumping Jack Flash

 



So I look at jump ropes on amazon today.

I am inspired by a fellow senior pal who works out with her personal trainers twice a week. She calls them "the boys." From the pic she sent, they do an excellent job. Everybody's smiley and in shape. They jump.

The best-selling jump rope is about $15 and has ball bearings in its memory-foam handles.

Would my wonky knee love a jump rope? Now?

Would it push me along my path to superhero?

Do I even bounce?

I blame a bad cross-country ski fall long ago. But my knees  protested decades earlier during buzzy summer days of Red Rover, Simon Says and Hide and Seek. Kneeling years in canoes was fool-hardy. Can my knees even spell "skip"?

Amazon's most expensive jump rope is $40. Are its handles titanium? No. It sports wild digital display gizmos. It's weighted.

I close amazon.ca on the computer.

That's enough exercise for today.

LINK: Jump Rope Dudes 

No comments: