Saturday, October 30, 2021

Low Q

So I'm in a restaurant watching as folks are asked to show their Ontario vax QR codes.
 
 About a third of those showing a phone version are then asked for a paper copy. The QR code can't be read from their phone.
 
Some took a bad photo of it.
Some have phones with such primitive cameras,  the code detail is not clear enough.
Some older phones don't have displays compatible with what Ontario tech wizards hath wrought.

The following day, I sit in a second restaurant and witness a repeat: customers offer phone QRs and they can't be read.

Again, about a third of the customers I watch, are asked if they have paper copies. Some don't.
 
"They're such good liars," one restaurant  gate-keeper tells a fellow staffer. "I could never lie as good as they can. But I'm not allowed to say 'I think you're lying.' So in they come."
 
Paper. It's the new high tech. 

No comments: