Saturday, March 23, 2024

ONE TAKE: MY ROMANCE

"My romance, doesn't need a castle rising in Spain

Or a dance to a constantly surprising refrain ... "


"That was beautiful."

"I hope we recorded that " 

Joey DeFrancesco to Guido Basso.

They did.


Every few months, this tune comes up in my most-played shuffle. I always sit down, watch and listen.

Four Toronto music guys from an ancient Canadian Mafia--a studio/sessions scene just behind Los Angeles and New York. Gone.

Here live, off the floor.

One Take.

My Romance  ( tune begins at 00.50 )
Joey DeFrancesco (Organ), Guido Basso (Flugelhorn), Vito Rezza (Drums), Lorne Lofsky (Guitar)

Clip:  One Take, Volume One - Alma CD/DVD ( 2004 )

Song:  Richard Rodgers, Lorenz Hart ( 1925 )

 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great stuff. Glad you liked it. But Joey wasn't a Toronto musician, though he was here a lot. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joey_DeFrancesco