Saturday, February 25, 2023

Party on, bear

 

 
There is no new movie I want to see as much as Cocaine Bear.
It opened yesterday.
My favorite film critic has seen it.
 
"Cocaine Bear allegedly, is based on true events, 
in much the same way 
that “Pinocchio” is based on string theory"
Anthony Lane writes in the New Yorker.
"It's a film about a bear that does coke: eats it, snorts it, hunts it, sneezes it, and, 
at one rapturous moment, 
showers in it."
 
 There's a drug drop in a forest.
Enter hungry bear.
Bad things happen.
Trailer below.

Lane thinks Cocaine Bear 
will be embraced by
cackling weirdos
at midnight showings.

My hand is up.
 
I once saw a radio guy grind his teeth,
while trying to talk at a party.
It was pretty much gibberish.
But really fun.
 
I need to see a bear do that.  
 
"Get ready for Fentanyl Hyena, Meth Bobcat, and the uncompromising Skunk Skunk,” Lane writes. "The possibilities, I regret to say, are endless."
 
The trailer is a classic.
 

 



No comments: