Saturday, March 28, 2020

Dogs and toilet paper

A blog pal writes:

I thought of you today. 
As part of my self isolation, I have been looking for things to do. Not a lot I am interested in on Netflix, and people are getting really mean on the Facebook pages I usually frequent. 
I get it, you are afraid...we all are, lashing out at others is not helping. 
Today I pulled out a couple of those French bulletin boards that I had laying around for the last couple of years. 
One is for concert/show ticket stubs dating back to 1980 when The Monks played the Civic in Oshawa. 
The other board is for other memorabilia that means something to me. I guess I finally have time to organize and put those together! 
One of those things in the 'means something' pile is a clip from one of your columns (I think it was about things to do while at the cottage), that I found so funny I kept it and just moved it from one bulletin board to the next. 
It is probably from the 80's, too:
 

BED CHECK:
Late at night, you can lay on the floor with a dog and sniffing his paws, consider all the interesting places he's been."


* * *

"Gun sales have gone up, as well," Hugh said.
Amy put her phone away. 
"So people can protect their toilet paper."
             --David Sedaris,  
             New Yorker piece at  
www.newyorker.com/culture/culture-desk/my-failed-attempts-to-hoard-anything-at-all

*  *  *

"The dumbest people I know are now home-schooling their kids"
   --Whitney Cummings

No comments: