Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Slimed!

 

Alexandra Petri--the wicked witch of the Washington Post--writes of Donald Trump...

 

When the president seized me, stunned me with his venom, and covered me with digestive fluid from his chelicerae, I was initially taken aback.

But I reassured myself with this thought: President Richard Nixon never did that.

 This is clearly not the end of the world. That would be clearly labeled and would be brought up by the other party. And the weather would be more ominous. Ravens would squawk and the sky would turn red .... 

Okay, the firing of FBI director Comey looked bad. And when the president stunned him, pierced him with his fangs, wrapped him in a thick cocoon of impenetrable webbing, and left him to hang there for days, that timing was poor...

                          *   *  *

That's where I lost it.

I had a similar snorts-and-giggle fit, seeing a Pat Bagley cartoon in recent days for his Salt Lake City Tribune. 

He too senses a greenish goo.

It takes a sec to register, but it's Republicans, checking their souls at the party cloakroom.

The Mitches McConnell & Romney, stage right. And you-know-who running the coatroom.


 
The United States got slimed.
 
Comedy is truth's best buddy. 

No comments: