Monday, May 25, 2020

Ben Folds, upside-down in Oz


(Tune at 18.30)
 
Ben Folds is alive and well in Australia.

He was caught mid-tour in Sydney, nine weeks ago by the you-know-what virus.

But every Saturday night since, he tosses an hour of tunes up to the youtube universe.

I confess to fanboy status.

Who else is so prolific, quirky and talented, now for more than 20 years?

Above, see him destroy a piano at NPR with one of his hits. Yes, One Angry Dwarf...

September '75 I was 47 inches high
Mom said someday I would have
A bad ass mother G.I. Joe
For your little minds to blow
I still got beat up after class
Now I'm big and important
One angry dwarf
And 200 solemn faces
Are you
If you want to see me
Check your papers and your T.V.
Look who's tellin' who what to do
Kiss my ass good-bye...
To see Folds' concert from last night, check

No comments: