Friday, August 20, 2021

Rumblefish

You walk I'll run And follow right behind you 

You call I'll come And I won't remember where I come from 

Over there At the end of the bar This fish keeps swimming In a jar

I feel A tug on the line Which end Will I be on this time? 

Don't box me in Don't box me in 

One day I'll show them Just what I'm made of 

There'll be A time When I won't remember what I was afraid of 

And I'll be swimming In the sea 

No banging on this glass For me 

My eyes saw red When my world turned blue

So I'm leaving Everything that's true 

And I'll jump into A brand new skin 

And then you won't be able To box me in 

Don't box me in Don't box me in Don't box me in Let go!

There's a few places 'round That I've never been 

There's an ocean out there That I gotta swim 

There's a river that flows Right past my door I wonder... I wonder... What?!  

And if sometimes I can't seem to talk 

You'll know this blackboard lacks A piece of chalk  

Don't box me in I told you not to Don't box me in 

Don't box me in Don't box me in Let go!

No comments: