Sunday, July 30, 2023

SUNDAY SAMBA: Still Time to Be Happy - Beth Carvalho, Zeca Pagodinho

Two ex-lovers meet. How you doin'?  

Not well. 

I live with no motive,  

I don't know where to go

I'm tired of crying

Too many sleepless nights   

comfort my pain
        and please make me …. laugh

Is it the only-in-Brazil happy-sad, sad-happy lyric? The earworm melody? The shuffle samba and strings? The audience sing-along?

All I know is I have watched this dozens of times in recent days.

Okay, it's the line about the laugh.

Make me laugh.

That's what the ex-lovers miss most.

Turn on the English subtitles (the little CC box at bottom right of video).  ( 5.46, song at .40)

Gotta love the Portugese triste and feliz ...


Performers: Beth Carvalho, Zeca Pagodinho

Song: Arlindo Filho, Washington Nunis

Clip: Ainda é tempo pra ser feliz [feat. Zeca Pagodinho] - Beth Carvalho

No comments: