Wednesday, November 23, 2022

We love you Daffy Duck

"My name is Daffy Duck

People say I'm loon-ey

I'm like an old piano

A little out of tune-ey ... " 

Surely somebody besides me has heard and seen Daffy sing this, followed by duck hoots and nutty howls that must have put Mel Blanc in bed for a week. 

Yet nowhere in the sprawling web hive mind-space can I find a clip of what was easily Daffy's most adorable intro. 

Lesser Warner Brothers characters are all over YouTube, yet my duck only gets a couple of clips from various TV incarnations.

Daffy has been around since 1938.

His original theater cartoons were epic.

He deserves more.

My four-line Daffy Duck mantra must be a later  version of the above clip--where he sings all of The Merry-Go-Round Broke Down--which became half of the opening of every WB cartoon that rocked your world.

Some nights I sing "My name is Daffy Duck" in lieu of prayer. I too am out of tune-y.

See how I spend my Wednesday afternoons?

Weird.

 

No comments: